Collins Judgment Recovery Services

Our Services

 Did you know that 80% of judgments go unclaimed? 

While the court has the power to award a judgment to a judgment-creditor, it does not, on its own, force the losing party to pay.  At Collins Judgment Recovery Services, our team has the ability to work through the court system to turn your hard-fought legal battles into true monetary rewards.


Unlike collection agencies, we at Collins Judgment Recovery Services are able to not merely request judgment recoveries, but can take action to effectively retrieve delinquent funds as well.  In addition to handling all expenses involved in the enforcement of your judgment, our expert team has exclusive access to public and private databases that enable us to locate your debtor in order to begin satisfying your money judgment. 


Some of our vast legal enforcement tools include: wage/income garnishments, property liens, bank account seizure/freezing, and driver's licenses suspensions.

Ultimately, our goal is to turn your IOU into cash.


Q: What is the Statute of Limitations for filing a claim? (Please reference Civil Proc. Code 312-366.3 for further explanation)

Personal Injury: Two years from the date of the injury. CCP 335.1   
Assault and battery: Two years form the date of the event. CCP 335.1     
Oral contracts: Two years from the day the contract is broken. CCP 339     
Written Contracts: Four years from the day the contract is broken. CCP 337.       
Damage to personal or real property:  Three years from the date the damage occurs, or ten
years if the lawsuit stems from property damage caused by latent defects in the planning, construction, or improvement of real property. CCP 338, 337.15)       
Fraud: Three years from the date of discovery of fraud. CCP 338

Libel, slander and false imprisonment: One year. CCP 340

Q: When will your judgment expire? 
Money judgments automatically expire (run out) after 10 years. To prevent this from happening, you (as the judgment creditor) must file a request for renewal of the judgment with the court BEFORE the 10 years run out. If the judgment is not renewed, it will not be enforceable any longer and you will not be able to get your money. Once a judgment has been renewed, it cannot be renewed again until 5 years later. But make sure it is renewed at least every 10 years or it will expire.

Q: Can you use an attorney?
Of course you can. However, an attorney will charge an hourly fee of $175 to $300 per hour. Also, while many attorneys are skilled at getting judgments, most are not familiar with effective post-judgment strategies.